Queens Theatre's Summer Musical Theatre Program for Kids
About Show Stoppers
Queens Theatre's Summer Musical Theatre program returned IN PERSON in 2022!
Rising young stars will create and perform an original pocket-sized musical play in just two weeks! Our program takes students through the entire of process of creating a musical play from auditions to writing and rehearsing, culminating in a performance on our Mainstage. Working with our professional and dynamic teaching artists, students will engage their imaginations, study the process of theatre and work together as an ensemble to put on a production of their own design during this exciting and comprehensive summer experience.
Show Stoppers is open to all kids – no experience in the performing arts is needed to join in the fun. Acceptance into the program is on a first come-first served basis. Auditions for roles will take place once the play is written.
Space is limited, so register today!
Monday – Friday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, with 1 Hour Break for Lunch
6 to 9 years old (Session 1A & 2A)
10 to 12 years old (Session 1B & 2B)
13 to 17 years old (Teen Session)
Session 1A/B Classes: July 11 – July 22, 2022 (1A is SOLD OUT!)
Session 2A/B Classes: July 25 – August 5, 2022
NEW! Teen Session: July 25 – August 5, 2022
1 Session: $650 per two-week session (per child)
2+ Sessions: $600 per two-week session (per child)
Sibling Discount – Save $25 per child for registering siblings
Returning Show Stoppers – Save 10% off your total fee when returning to the program
July 8, 2022 (Register at Queens Theatre website)
The 10am-3pm day will be a mix of play development and rehearsals, along with acting, singing, and dance activities.
A typical day might look like this:
- 10am-10:30am: Check in and theatre games.
- 10:45am-12pm: Develop our musical play. We collectively brainstorm our plot, conflict, characters, lyrics and dialogue.
- 12pm-12:30pm: Lunch Time! We go outside (weather permitting) for lunch.
- 12:30pm-1:30pm: Dance Break! We learn and practice an original dance for our show.
- 1:30pm-2pm: We continue to brainstorm our play and rehearse what we have created.
- 2pm-2:45pm: Break into Song! We develop and practice our original songs for our show.
- 2:45pm-3pm: Sum up the day and set goals for the next day.