Queens Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeking to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; gender; sexual orientation; marital status; national origin; age; disability; pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions; or other protected status.
Queens Theatre is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to join the team at its campus located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, NY.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Facilities Coordinator assists in all aspects of operating and maintaining Queens Theatre. The Facilities Coordinator supports the operations, administrative, production, and rental departments with day-to-day operations and minor projects, working to ensure facilities functions are incorporated effectively into the performance and events schedule, while maintaining and emphasizing facilities policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the D.O.O. to ensure the operations and maintenance of the building remains in compliance with New York City Building and Fire codes.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of solutions to onsite technical issues for all center systems, including MEP (building/mechanical, electrical systems), HVAC, BMS, CCTV/Access Control, Fire monitoring/Sprinkler and Standpipe systems.
- Schedule and facilitate external vendor, contractor, and maintenance appointments, including HVAC, BMS, electrical systems, plumbing, security, elevators
- Assist with the coordination of and the assignment of tasks to cleaning and maintenance personnel.
- Work closely with Production, Front of House, and the Rental departments to coordinate resources, advance and schedule facility set up and preparation, changeovers, and restoration, and address challenges to ensure productions follow New York City Building and Fire code regulations.
- Coordinate and facilitate day-to-day operations including acting as a liaison between departments during events and rentals
- Respond to off-hour emergencies, reporting onsite when required, including natural disasters and/or potential neighborhood emergencies
- Provide on call services during hours away from the center to address HVAC, fire alarm and security needs.
- Assist in coordination and execution of special projects throughout the center as needed.
- Assist in monitoring facility supply inventory and preparing orders.
- Assist with administering keycard and access control systems
- Must currently hold or obtain FDNY Certificates of Fitness:
- F03 – Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel
- F07 – Fire and Emergency Drill Conductor
- S13 – Citywide Standpipe
- S95 - Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems.
- Minimum two years’ experience coordinating operations in a large, multi-use facility or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, bilingual Spanish a plus
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to learn and convey technical information to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to learn or has working knowledge of:
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Building/mechanical, electrical systems (MEP)
- Construction/MEP drawings
- HVAC systems
- Building codes
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Theatre operations experience preferred
- Flexible to work nights and weekends