Queens Theatre (QT), a performing arts center in Queens, New York, is seeking an energetic and creative full-time Marketing Manager to lead marketing and audience development efforts. Connecting high quality, diverse programming with audience members is the heart of what QT does. Because QT produces and presents dozens of performances each year, determining priorities and meeting deadlines can be challenging. A strong candidate would understand and embrace the challenges of the position. The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills (especially writing skills), thrive in a fast-paced environment, have an appreciation for the performing arts, and work well with others. He/she would either know about (or look forward to learning about) the vibrant Queens community and represent QT to the outside world, connect with other organizations for possible cross-promotions, and pursue collaborations. The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Working with the Executive Director to present a vision and strategy for connecting the Theatre’s diverse programming with current and new audience members, developing long term and seasonal plans
• Working with the Executive Director to create a marketing budget and manage the budget throughout the year
• Executing a strategy for ad placements
• Writing for the website, e-newsletters, press releases, etc.
• Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on marketing initiatives results
• Creating and posting website content
• Managing Queens Theatre’s social media accounts
• Managing outside graphic design and print production of marketing materials, as well as distribution plans for those materials
• Executing e-newsletters
• Work with Queens Theatre staff on cross-departmental marketing needs (development, rentals, education, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3-4 years of relevant experience required
• Knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts and applicable marketing strategies
• Knowledge of box office, e-blast, database systems
• Extensive experience in social media marketing
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, data entry, and managing files and records
• Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Candidates must have strong organizational and prioritizing skills, as well as being detail oriented and self-motivated
• Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability with attention to detail
• Available to work occasional weekends and evening hours
Other skills (not required, but highly valued):
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
• Knowledge of WordPress CMS and HTML
Queens Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration from employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. As a cultural organization in the most diverse county in the nation, we are dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse work environment that reflects the audiences we serve and the work we present and produce.
Email resume with cover letter with subject line: “Marketing Manager, (first/last name)” to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will receive a response. No phone calls please.